DUNS GOLF CLUB CELEBRATES 125 YEARS OF GOLF
From the inaugural meeting, in the local Working Men’s Club on 9 November 1894, Duns Golf Club has progressed through the years to establish itself as one of the best in the Borders of Scotland. Starting off as a 9-hole course situated at Castleknowe, to the east of Duns, and moving to Woolforland, to the west of Duns after WW1, the club continued to exist as a nine-hole course for its first 103 years. The availability of land in 1994 meant that the club could extend the course from 9-holes to 18-holes. This transformation created one of the best courses in the borders and with the Wellrig burn meandering through various holes created a challenging course for all handicap levels.
The course also has some spectacular views, none more than the 13th hole, Campbells View, where you can look through the valley to the Cheviot Hills. The challenge of the short 15th signature hole, aptly known as Double Trouble, due to the two-tier green guarded at the front and back by the Wellrig Burn makes the Beauty of The Borders a much sought after course for golfers visiting the Border country.